Search This Blog

Sunday 26 March 2017

When $5 feels just as good as $500

Earlier this month, I was amazed that I had 2 articles published and had just about made $10. Now I know that doesn't seem like very much, but it sure felt great!  Since then, I've had another 12 articles published in Weekend Notes and I have made, wait for it.........$55!!  And what feels really, really good - winning not one, but two editor awards (OK, maybe it was a slow news day).  How much are these awards worth?  $5 each. To me it feels like $500 and proves that if you love what you're doing it doesn't feel like work at all.


To be honest, I would have been just as happy to have written stuff and not received any money.   On top of that, Gourmet Pawprints, a great company for which I did 2 short articles for their upcoming Doggy Wine Tours and Doggy Easter Egg Hunt, included a lovely thank you message on their website and Facebook page.  And then I received a lovely email from them inviting me on a doggy wine tour as their guest!  These tours are all day lunch affairs and not cheap, so that was very nice of them and completely unexpected.


I never even imagined that as well as earning some $$$ I might get offered stuff!  Hmmmm, maybe I need to start looking at holidays and caravan parks to do little articles on.  Already I am day dreaming of a life on the road in the caravan.


Now the only problem I have is finding the time to write.  I know, you need to make time for what you love, but I could write all day and there is that small matter of a full-time day job. Then of course, I need time to do all the stuff so I can write about it.  Those batteries better be heavy duty!  Sleep is over-rated.  On that, poor Emi had to work all day yesterday (a Saturday, so his batteries are pretty flat today). 






No comments:

Post a Comment