Search This Blog

Monday 5 February 2018

Goals and Lists - take 2

New Years Resolutions, goals, bucket lists whatever you want to call them and are they different?   Not sure why we wait until the New Year to start things.  It's as good a time as any I guess.  I started working on my 2018 list and planned to write down my goals back in December.  But here we are, January has flown by as it always does and it's hello February.  Goals for 2018 and life, not quiet sorted.  I'm a hopeless procrastinator.

It's important to take time setting goals - after all we're talking what we really want to do with our lives - at whatever stage we're at.  So we're going to sit down and set our 1, 3 and 5 (even 10) year goals and plans.

Sure, there will be personal ones - like write more.  Earn at least $3,000 this year from my writing. Get published in 2 other publications. That kind of stuff. The usual ones like save more.  Lose weight.  Get fit. So wishy washy!

In the meantime, I have started on my 2018 bucket list. Much easier and less thought required. A work in progress and plenty of spots to fill as things pop up.  How did 2017 list go?  Some things fell by the wayside, others got scrapped, some were moved to 2018 and some were replaced as other opportunities arose. 60 out of 100 - not too bad. My aim is always at least 50.  And it's never so rigid that it can't be altered during the year!  Someone once said, "but you can't just change it as you go". Sure I can, it's my list - I can do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment